What I’ve Been Reading

By: Michelle

These past few weeks, I had the pleasure of relaxing with a book. I thought I would share with you the novels I read, and give you my intake on them.

. . . . . . . .


Fifty Shades of Grey Series
By EL James
I know what you’re thinking… what?! You can’t blame me though. After watching the movie trailer of Fifty Shades of Grey, I had the sudden urge to read the trilogy again. And so, I did. I read all three books within three days. I have mixed feelings about this series. It’s a love-hate relationship. There are moments where I love the story, and times where I find myself rolling my eyes. Despite this, I am very excited for the movie.

. . . . . . . .


Looking for Alaska
By John Green
Miles Halter leaves his home to attend a boarding school to “seek a Great Perhaps”. As a result, he meets his two best friends, the Colonel and Alaska Young. Miles falls in love with Alaska and… “After. Nothing is ever the same”. What happened in this novel was something that I was not expecting. It’s no fairytale, yet provides us a sense of closure unlike any other.

. . . . . . . .


If You Could See Me Now
By Cecelia Ahern
The story follows Elizabeth, who is known to be serious and nowhere near tender. However, she raises her sister’s son, Luke. One day, Luke has an imaginary friend named Ivan. Elizabeth starts to see Ivan herself, believing he is a real life person. The novel has an interesting plot. It made me question what can be real out there, yet we don’t believe in it. I must say though, I was disappointed in the ending and I felt like the book dragged on during certain parts.

. . . . . . . .


Beautiful Oblivion
By Jamie McGuire
I love reading young adult fiction, and the works of Jamie McGuire is something I quite enjoy. When I found out that she released a spin-off from her Beautiful Disaster series, I quickly made my way to the nearest bookstore and purchased the novel. Cami is an independent bartender who is in a long distance relationship with her boyfriend T.J. She becomes friends with Trenton, yet they start to fall for each other. I admit I didn’t have high expectations for this novel, even though I was quite excited to read it. However, the ending was something I didn’t expect. It will shock you. And for me, the very last line will remain imprinted in my mind.

. . . . . . . .

Have you read any of these books? If yes, let me know what you think of them.

Much love,
Michelle


ask.fm  |   youtube  |  pinterest  |  bloglovin



0 comments:

Post a Comment